Character Education is such an important skill to teach our students, and this bundle will not only help you teach your students these character traits, but the recognition tags and awards are an excellent way celebrate when students are modeling these character qualities.
For EACH character trait, you will receive the following:
★ Character Trait Poster
– This poster gives a kid-friendly definition of the character trait and includes a picture that demonstrates that character trait. This can be posted in your classroom for students to reference.
★ Original Character Trait Story
– I’m always looking for stories that embody the character qualities I am trying to teach. With this packet, you don’t have to search for tons of stories because each character trait includes an original, kid-friendly story that illustrates the character trait. The stories are designed so that kids can relate with the characters’ experiences. The stories are meant to be read-aloud by the teacher. Each character trait story also includes discussion questions to follow the reading. This is a great opportunity to take what they’ve learned about the character trait and begin to apply it to their own lives. Please Note: At this point there is not a story for Z (zealous). If I’m able to think of a kid-relevant story for the letter Z, I will include it in the future.
★ Character Trait Activity Page
– On each of these pages there is a picture and a caption that illustrates a child demonstrating the character quality. Students can color this picture as they think about what the character trait really means. Then, there is a box below where students can draw a picture of themselves exhibiting the character trait. These pages are also great for discussion. You can ask, “Why does this picture represent the character trait of……?”
★ Character Trait Recognition Tags
– For each character trait (with the exception of Y), there is a page of tags that you can print to give to your students as you see them exhibiting that character trait. You can have a focus for the week or the month, and specifically hand out tags related to that character trait, or you can print a bunch of all of the tags and hand them out throughout the year. I have found it to be very motivating for students.
★ Character Trait Editable Awards
- There are 6 versions of each award included. You can pick and choose which one works best for you and your students. I have included a boy and a girl version of the award if graphics were included. These awards are also EDITABLE. The pages have been flattened so that you may not edit the graphics (to respect the rights of the artists), but the names may be edited as long as you have POWER POINT.
Are you looking for a specific character trait that I haven’t included already? Email me at email@example.com, and I can try to get it added.
The character traits included are:
Character Traits and You
Please Note: These are the character trait posters and activity pages included in my Letter of the Week Complete Bundle
. If you have already purchased that, do not purchase this character trait pack. If there's a component you'd like, please email me.
Also, remember follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded by clicking the green star above. New products will be 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
And don't forget that leaving feedback can help you earn points toward FREE TpT purchases. I can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
Thank you so much!!