Need a resource to engage your counseling program's youngest learners? This packet of Primary Social-Emotional Centers on Character Education
will meet your needs!
This packet includes 6 interactive, independent centers to reinforce Character Traits for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Graders. An “I Can” statement as well as instructions for the educator on prep and implementation are included with each center.
Students are given extra practice to name, label, identify, describe, and discuss good character traits through:
1) Roll-a-Trait - roll the dice and color in or write in a character trait
2) Character Trait Puzzles - match character trait words to images
3) Character Sorts - sort good vs. poor character by image
4) Play Dough Faces - recreate faces with dough when one might display and/or experience a character trait
5) Write the Room - hunt the room for character traits (and work on beginning sounds too)
6) My Good Character Book - create a book of character traits and practice spelling these words
Character Traits included in this packet:
- giving back
Check out the Preview for an picture of each Center in action!
**Please note the focus of this resource is not to teach the Character Traits, but rather, to use as a reinforcement or supplement. You can find a complete packet of Kindergarten Character Education Lessons here.
for more Character Education Resources!