After several years in the classroom, I realized that my students needed instruction on HOW to be kind, respectful, and all the things I was asking them to be. I developed these units to support teachers in teaching and rewarding great character in the classroom! Building a classroom community is one of the most important things teachers can do and it greatly impacts our students academically! I created these units to support classroom instruction by explicitly teaching students about what we expect from them. In the same way that we provide direct instruction, activities, and practice in math and reading, I believe we should provide these same things for character education.
Each unit includes the following
• 4 Detailed Lesson Plans
• Whole Group Activities
• Independent Activities
• An Original Poem
• Parent Letter
• What is Kindness?
• How Does Kindness Look?
• How Does Kindness Sound?
• How Does Kindness Spread?
• What is Fairness?
• Does Fair Mean Equal?
• How Can We Show Fairness?
• How Can We Play Fair?
• What is Respect?
• How Does Respect Look?
• How Does Respect Sound?
• How Will I Show Respect?
• What Is Self-Control?
• What Are Big Emotions?
• How Can I Calm Down When I'm Upset?
• How Is Being Patient Showing Self-Control?
• What Are Conflicts?
• How Can I Share My Feelings With Others?
• What Are Some Different Resolution Strategies?
• How Do Friends Give Apologies?
• What Is Responsibility?
• Is It Responsible?
• Whose Responsibility Is It?
• What Am I Responsible For?
• What Is Empathy?
• How Can I Show Empathy To A Friend?
• How Can I Show Empathy When Is Different Than Me?
• How Can We Support Other Kids?
• What Does It Mean To Be Self-Aware?
• How Do I Like To Learn?
• What Am I Really Good At?
• What Steps Help Me Reach My Goals?
• What Is A Leader?
• What Makes A Great Leader?
• Who Can Be A Leader?
• How Can I Be A Leader?
• What Does It Mean To Give Back?
• How Do We Want To Give Back?
• Work Days
• How Does It Feel To Give Back?
Want to try it before you buy it?
Grab a Free Sample Here
You can read more about each unit below!
What's Inside Each Unit?
Every unit is set up the same way. It includes 4 detailed lesson plans, including a teacher script. Each unit is a bit different, but they all include anchor charts, questions to ask during discussions, follow up activities, a parent letter to send home, an original poem, several writing pages, and more! You can see what each unit includes by following the links above!
I truly hope this unit makes it much easier for you to build character education into your day!
You can read more about this unit on my blog.
BONUS! You can grab awards for each character trait EXCLUSIVELY in this bundle! 4 versions in color and black/white are included for each character trait!