Also included in
- Teaching Social Skills and Character Education with your students is often times more important then the educational piece. These are essential life skills! Many parents and teachers forget to teach this part. A class that lacks character and social skills will have a difficult time during the schoo$13.60$17.00Save $3.40
In this unit full of Kindness Activities, students will learn Social Skills and Character Education based on Accepting Others and who they are. Accepting Others is an important life skill that students will use their entire life. It is an essential life skill!
A class that lacks character and social skills will have a difficult time during the school year learning anything. I spend a considerable amount of time each year teaching social skills. Character Education is more important then the educational piece in the classroom.
This Accepting Others Unit has 10 step by step lessons designed for your students to gain a better understanding of what it means to "accept others". Children have to be taught to accept others. All the lessons are planned out Step by Step, should you follow it. I have saved you hours of planning time. This is a NO PREP unit, just PRINT, put in a binder and TEACH. There are discussion questions, activities, interactive activities and worksheets to go with the lessons. It will keep you busy for at least 3 weeks!
- 10 Step by Step Lessons on Accepting Others (No Prep)
- Differentiated Lessons
- Discussion Tips and Questions
- Morning Meeting aka Family Meeting Guide
- Several Posters (In color and black and white)
- Optional worksheets to go with the lessons
- Interactive Activities
- Community Building Lessons
- Group Work Opportunities
- Poem Project
- Art Project
- Bulletin Board Idea
- Class Themes Lesson (Mascot, Color, Cheer, etc)
- 83 Usable Pages (Plus additional pages that are in Black and White)
If you want this unit at the discounted rate of 20% off, check out the Character Education Bundle!
Using Character Education will help your class connect better, there will be less arguing, less bullying, and an opportunity to get more work done. You as the teacher have more time to spend teaching and less time as a referee. It also helps as a teacher to have more energy later because less is spent on behavior. My classes seem to blend together easier using these character building lessons.
Included in the unit is an E-Book on Family Meetings, aka Morning Meetings. When you are a class for 10 ½ months, you become a family. Families talk to each other and listen to each other. Family Meetings are a time where students and the teacher come together and make decisions, choices and talk about difficult issues together. These “Conflict Resolution" lessons are designed to be done within the Family Meeting environment, but can also be taught as a lesson.
Please look at the Preview to gain a better idea.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey