Also included in
- Looking for a way to teach Character Education in the classroom? This print and digital Entire-Year Character Education Bundle is a complete program to help you directly teach important character traits in an active, motivating format. The 11 character traits include Kindness, Respect, Responsibilit$22.00$40.00Save $18.00
Want to teach your students the character trait of Kindness in an interactive format? This FREE print and digital unit can help! It's a month-long unit taken from my Character Education Bundle and focuses on the trait of Kindness (being caring, thoughtful, and concerned about others). In addition, the bundle has, 10 other units in the Character Education Bundle, including Giving, Respect, Responsibility, Courage, Citizenship, Fairness, Gratitude, Perseverance, Self-Discipline, and Trustworthiness.
It includes: (Print and Digital)
4 Character Traits Posters (One colorful and one BW for both kindness and caring)
4 Character Awards (One colorful and one BW for both kindness and caring)
Mentor Texts List (lots of books that teach kindness lessons)
Self-Reflection Quiz (Kids can privately assess how they are doing with this character trait)
Activity Pages (Comprehension Questions for Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch, as well as an art project and other activities focusing on kindness)
Random Acts of Kindness Journal (with Teacher Notes)
32 Discussion Task Cards (Lots of questions and scenarios you can use for great class discussions)
Kindness Sort and Key
Detailed Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
I love including Character Education in my classroom and find it leads to better classroom behavior, while promoting a safe, accepting classroom atmosphere. Not only will you see the benefits in your classroom though, but you will also have the satisfaction of knowing that you are teaching to the heart, as well as to the head. Helping our students grow socially and emotionally can reap lifelong benefits.
Want to teach Character Education the entire year? SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the ENTIRE YEAR Character Education BUNDLE!!! (Click Here)
Here are the other 10 Character Education Kits included in the bundle:
Why you'll love this resource:
- These materials are a great addition to Morning Meetings.
- It comes in a print and digital format, which makes it perfect for classroom or homeschooling use!
- Students enjoy the social-emotional activities.
- No more guesswork! Everything is clearly organized and explained in the Teacher Notes.
- It may be used at any time during the year. For example, I like to start with Respect, do Kindness in October, Gratitude in November, and Giving in December.
- Directly teaching character traits makes a huge difference in the behavior of your students.
- You'll notice an improved classroom climate as you use the units each month.
I have used these materials for many years with my classes and feel confident that you’ll enjoy using them too. This is one resource that I’m extra excited to share with you!
If you'd like to read more about social-emotional learning, I wrote a few blog posts you might like:
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so very much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Feel free to share this freebie with other teachers and homeschool parents, but please do not post it anywhere online without permission. Thanks for your understanding!