Good deeds are random acts of kindness that people do with no intention of getting anything back. This character education pack helps students “scoop up,” good deeds. They can practice doing good for others. But of course, out little ones need motivation, so after doing a certain number of good deeds, they can also be rewarded. Hopefully, this will lead them to do acts of kindness on an intrinsic level and have it become part of their life.
This motivational pack includes
1) TWO POSTERS -One explains what a good deed is, and the other one lists examples of good deeds that they can do, if they need a jump start.
2) Each student will receive a foldable that has the title, “Scoopin Up Good Deeds,” on the front, and on the inside they have a space to write down the good deed that they do. On the other side inside the booklet, they have an empty ice-cream bowl. Whenever they fill in a good deed (being specific as to what it was), they can get an ice-cream scoop (circle), and glue it into the foldable. You can have them keep count for 5 good deeds or make it more challenging and do it for 10. Once they have their ice cream bowls filled up, they can trade it in for another booklet.
3) As a reward, I have made 18 reward incentive coupons you can give to students after they finish their mini booklet. The reward coupons include sit with a buddy, wear sunglasses, 5 bonus points, free time, fancy pen, sit at teacher's desk, wear a hat, no shoes, wear slippers, no homework, and more!
4) I have also included certificates where you can fill in their names and write down what types of good deed scoopers they are.
5) There is also a sheet of paper with possible acts of kindness and good deeds on them that you can cut out, fold, and place in a jar; for those students who think they need a little hint on what else they could do.
6) Finally, there is a writing extension to all this. Students will brainstorm on their graphic organizer, 4 ways they can be kind and scoop up good deeds. Then they use that information to write a paragraph on the topic.