Also included in
- Teaching Social Skills and Character Education with your students is often times more important then the educational piece. These are essential life skills! Many parents and teachers forget to teach this part. A class that lacks character and social skills will have a difficult time during the schoo$13.60$17.00Save $3.40
Having Self Control and teaching kids to listen in class is an important character education and a social skill that your students need to be taught. Building character and community with your students is more important then the educational piece.
A class that lacks character and social skills will have a difficult time during the school year learning anything. I spend a considerable amount of time each year teaching social skills and the caring habits.
This Listening Unit has 9 lessons designed for your students to gain a better understanding of what it means to "listen". Children have to be taught to listen. All the lessons are planned out Step by Step, should you follow it. I have saved you hours of planning time. This is a NO PREP unit, just PRINT, put in a binder and TEACH. There are discussion questions, activities, interactive activities and worksheets to go with the lessons. It will keep you busy for at least 3 weeks!
- 9 Step by Step Lessons on Listening
- Discussion Tips and Questions
- Morning Meeting aka Family Meeting Guide
- Several Posters (In color and black and white)
- Optional worksheets to go with the lessons
- Community Building Lessons
- 44 Usable Pages
Using Character Education will help your class connect better, there will be less arguing, less bullying, and an opportunity to get more work done. You as the teacher have more time to spend teaching and less time as a referee. It also helps as a teacher to have more energy later because less is spent on behavior. My classes seem to blend together easier using these character building lessons.
Included in the unit is an E-Book on Family Meetings, aka Morning Meetings. When you are a class for 10 ½ months, you become a family. Families talk to each other and listen to each other. Family Meetings are a time where students and the teacher come together and make decisions, choices and talk about difficult issues together. These “Listening" activities are designed to be done within the Family Meeting environment, but can also be taught as a lesson.
If you want this product at the discounted price of 20% off, check out the Character Education Bundle!
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey