This is a set of 20 posters in our Character Education Series exploring the theme of courage, with quotes in a variety of fonts against colourful abstract art backgrounds.
These quotes will inspire students with positive ways to think and act and build strong character in order to help them succeed in their futures.
This is part of a series of posters exploring character traits which will be added to our store very soon!
• What good are wings without the courage to fly? ~ Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird
• It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.
• The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart. – Robert Green Ingersoll
• Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill
• Freedom lies in being bold. ~ Robert Frost
• Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear. ~ Mark Twain
• I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. ~ Nelson Mandela
• Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anaïs Nin
• You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore ~ William Faulkner
• Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. ~ Winston S. Churchill
• Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again. ~ Nelson Mandela
• Each mistake teaches you something new about yourself. There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts. ~ Chris Bradford
• You must do the thing you think you cannot do ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
• Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~ Ambrose Redmoon
• I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. ~ Louisa May Alcott
• Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
• Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow. ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
• Courage is contagious. Every time we choose courage, we make everyone around us a little better and the world a little braver. Brené Brown
• A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for. ~ William G.T. Shedd
• It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. ~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
All images are provided in PDF and JPG image formats.
Check out some of our other products:
Character Education Growing Bundle
Character Education Series - Character
Character Education Series - Trustworthiness
Character Education Series - Integrity
Free It's Impossible Watercolor Growth Mindset Poster
Growth Mindset Posters - Watercolor Theme
Growth Mindset Posters - Chalkboard Theme
Free Winston Churchill Growth Mindset Poster - Chalkboard Theme
Growth Mindset Posters - Chalkboard Theme II
Growth Mindset Poster Images
We value your feedback, so please let us know if you have questions or comments about any of our products. We enjoy hearing from our valued customers.
Thank you for stopping by!