How does your school teach character education? We have a monthly character trait. All month we learn about and discuss how to show that character trait. At the end of the month, each teacher chooses one student who portrayed the trait of the month the BEST. There is a school wide award ceremony to celebrate the students!
I created this product to compliment our school-wide program. I will display the different character trait poster each month. Along with that, the students will be able to use the "Character Shout Out" slips to give shout outs to students who are displaying the character trait of the month positively.
**I glue my poster to a folder or pocket and place it on the bulletin board. The students place their shout out slips in the pocket and we will celebrate them each week!**
At the end of the month we will celebrate the student of the month and they will get an award and their picture will be posted all year! :)
I added a student booklet for students to record ways that they showed the each character trait throughout the month and "character trait" banner pages for students to display on the bulletin board with their display of the trait of the month!
Character Traits (In order of how I use them throughout the year):
• Self- Discipline
• Healthy Choices
Additional Character Traits Included:
• Fairness & Cooperation
• Positive Attitude
• Digital Citizenship
• Monthly Posters for each character trait (15 traits) - 5 different versions to choose from!
• Monthly Student Award Certificates for each character trait (15 traits) - 4 different versions
• Character Shout Out Slips (for each character trait) - Color/Black and White
• Student Picture Posters (to display student of the month pictures)
• "Shout Out to Your Character" Bulletin Board letters (Color/Black and White)
** All Posters include an emoji that matches the character trait! **
Read about how I use this in my classroom on my blog here: