Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
11.06 MB | 41 pages
Why teach character motive? Students can tell you what characters do in stories, but often struggle with why they do it. Knowing the motive is important for helping students develop a deeper understanding of the characters’ actions and how the events impact the development of the plot.
This download includes tools and resources designed to carry students through a mini-lesson that gives them the foundational knowledge they need to determine motive.
The following resources are included in the download:
• A Character Motive/Motivation PowerPoint—A mini-lesson which includes an introduction to determining motive and a quick gradual release activity (I Do, We Do, You Do) for practice.
• PPT Notes--printout with teaching instructions for the PPT
• Guided Practice Worksheet--to accompany PPT (students can work along with the teacher and peers)
• Worksheet for Independent Practicewith answer key
• How to Determine Motive/Motivation Handout for students
• Note-taking organizer handout
• Anchor Chart
**Note: The Zip File contains 2 files—the PowerPoint (15 slides) and the Instructional Packet (26 pages).