Characters Respond to Major Events & Challenges~Common Core RL 2.3: This toolkit contains all the essential resources for introducing and reviewing character traits, feelings, and responses to major events or challenges. The graphic organizers, journal activities, and interactive notebook template activities are specifically designed for teaching RL 2.3, yet are versatile and can be used with any story/passage or reading activity, whether it be with read alouds, guided reading, independent reading, partner reading, during listening centers or even as formative assessments. The posters will become students’ go-to resource for identifying and using specific language to describe characters’ traits and feelings when describing a character’s response to major events or challenges. Both traits and feelings vocabulary are paired with their opposites so students can easy identify changes in characters. This kit also includes two task card center activities to give students additional practice with traits & feelings vocabulary and interactive notebook activities to guide their learning and practice of this standard.
This resource toolkit includes:
* One Character Traits Poster (traits are displayed in opposite pairs for easy reference)
* One Character Feelings Poster (feelings are displayed in opposite pairs for easy reference)
* One Character’s Response Poster
* 6 Graphic Organizers for the purpose of teaching RL 2.3
* 3 Interactive Notebook foldables for teaching RL 2.3
* 3 RL 2.3 Journal Activities for students’ responses during independent reading. (can be reused for different books or lessons)
* Traits and Feelings Vocabulary Activities to be used in Readers’ Notebooks
* 2 Reading Center Task Card Activities
(identifying traits & inferring character’s feelings)
Each Center Task includes:
• Center task directions for students (colored copy)
• A set of 12-16 Task Card Matches (in two versions: a colored version & a blackline version)
• Two types of answer forms- students can match by number and record on an answer form or cut and paste matches to record
• Answer key
All posters, graphic organizers, journal activities, interactive notebook activities, vocabulary templates, and center tasks materials are labeled with the specific common core standard for your convenience.
Center Task Cards are already mismatched for your convenience, so there is very little prep time.