Do you remember the "What’s Wrong with This Picture?" activity from Highlight’s children magazine? What if instead of focusing on what’s wrong we taught students to ask what’s right?
Through these 8 illustrated stories we can teach students to identify the superhero-like characters strengths within themselves and others.
I’ve had students 5th-9th grade read these stories on their own and out loud in a group setting and they’re really well received. When you ask what went right and what strengths were displayed in the story, kids always demonstrate incredibly creative thinking and engage in rich discussion.
Inside this 79-page PDF, you’ll find:
• An introduction on 24 research-based character strengths from the VIA classification of strengths
• The benefits of teaching kids characters strengths
• 8 engaging stories that illustrate multiple character strengths
• Each story ends with the question/prompt: “What’s Right With This Picture?”
• An “answer key” or one perspective on the character strengths exhibited in each story
Thanks for visiting. :-)