This Book Club or Literature Circle Unit can be used with ANY texts, fiction, nonfiction, middle school, or high school! This product contains information for creating the book club groups, developing student-led small or large-group discussions and student-paced reading schedules, writing dialectical journals, annotating with Notice & Note Signpost sticky notes in the text, and ending the unit with student analysis & persuasive speeches.
This product contains:
- Student packet (print or share with students electronically)
- Word Doc, Pages Doc, and PDF versions included
- Group Reading Calendar
- Group Discussion Questions
- Group Discussion Leader Guide
- Dialectical Journal Explanation
- Dialectical Journal Sample Page
- Dialectical Journal Templates for Students (three included in student packet)
- Sticky Note Signpost Explanation (and example)
- Sticky Note Submission Pages
- Book Talk / Speech Explanation, Requirements, & Rubric
Click below to use a FREE bookmark resource with these Book Clubs:
I used this product with the following 7-9th grade texts, but this editable version needs no changes to be used with any texts. Because of this, it's a product available for 6th-12th grade use!
- The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
- Hidden Figures (young readers' edition) by Margot Lee Shetterly
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- I Am Malala (young readers' edition) by Malala Yousafzai
- Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis Majors
- Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz (check out other great Alan Gratz novels as well!)
The purpose/overview, essential questions, and learning goals are included. Because this product is fully E D I T A B L E, it includes a PDF, Pages, and Word copy for your use. If you'd prefer the uneditable version, you can find that here.
The fonts included in this product are the following (also available in my store):
- KC Bronte
- KC Salinger
- KC Fitzgerald
For more great resources, make sure you visit my store: Mrs. Conrad Loves Commas and check out resources like the following:
- Seasonal and Holiday-Themed Sonnet-Writing Template Bundle
- Book Clubs / Literature Circles on Character (EDITABLE)
- Parts of Speech & Sentence Structure Escape Room
- Bookmatch Reading Activity & Lesson
- Holocaust Book Club Unit (Reading, Writing, and Research) (EDITABLE)
To receive credits toward future TPT purchases, make sure you leave a COMMENT on my product(s) after purchase.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! I'd love to hear from you!
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @mrsconradlovescommas
Please FOLLOW ME to receive updates when new products are added! :)