- This resource is a bundle of the FIVE "Of the Week" Resources currently available in in printable and digital formats in the store. Includes: Word of the Week, Idiom of the Week, Root of the Week, Character Trait of the Week, and Homophone of the Week."Of the Week" resources are a great way to intro$20.00$30.00Save $10.00
- Product Description
Printable and digital character traits of the week posters and graphic organizers for upper elementary students to increase students' vocabulary and their ability to identify a variety of character traits through the use of mentor texts in the form of picture books.
Within the pdf file you will find:
⇒ A pdf with a link to download a copy of the digital version to your Google Drive. See preview for a sample.
⇒ A) for you to share with your students to help them comprehend the qualities of the specific character trait you are exposing them to that week.
- There are at least two picture books offered for each character trait.
- Most, if not all, of these picture books can be found as FREE read alouds on YouTube. Therefore, although it is nice to share the physical book with students, you can still expose your students to the books via the internet.
⇒ Also included:
- 36 Character Trait Posters
- 5 Different Styles of Covers for Student Booklets
- 4 Different Styles of Headers
- Character Trait of the Week Worksheet (Students fill out weekly)
- Class Book of Character Traits Cover
- 4 Mini Quarterly Cumulative Quizzes (including answer keys) and more
>> How this resource can be implemented as a distance learning tool <<
⇒ If any of your students do not have devices or cannot complete the work online, simply print the resource and put together a packet for parents to pick up at school.
⇒ For students who do have digital devices, a digital version of this resource has been added. You can use this resource within Google Drive, Google Classroom™, Microsoft OneDrive™, Microsoft Teams™ or a learning management system.
⇒ The digital component can also be used as an extension to the introductory lesson once the prefixes and suffixes have been introduced. It makes a great technology center activity.
What others are saying about this resource:
"Loved this resource to reinforce new character traits and vocabulary with my students. I teach a ELLs so they need direct instruction to learn new traits. The weekly character trait is a great way to build their vocabulary."
"I liked how many different traits were included. This was very age appropriate and the students could understand the material."
"LOVE THIS! Also, it's great just to help increase my student's vocabulary (which is a weakness for many). This is seriously amazing."