This is a great activity to help reinforce the meaning of character traits. Its also a great way to introduce new character traits rather than the general happy, sad, brave.
This file includes a matching activity that gives definitions to character traits. It also has a character trait game in which 4 students can play at one time!
* CSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.1 Refer to details and
examples in a text when explaining what the text says
explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.3 Describe in depth a
character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing
on specific details in the text (e.g., a character’s thoughts,
words, or actions).
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.1 Quote accurately from a
text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when
drawing inferences from the text.
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.1 Cite textual evidence to
support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well
as inferences drawn from the text.
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.3 Describe how a particular
story’s or drama’s plot unfolds in a series of episodes as
well as how the characters respond or change as the plot
moves toward a resolution.