Character traits is a difficult skill, but with QR codes we can make it fun! What student doesn’t love QR codes?
There are 12 character traits passages included in this set. Students will read the passage and record the answer on their response sheet. The answers are multiple choice.They may check their answers by scanning the QR code.
There is also a poster to put out that has a QR code to websites that includes lots of examples of character traits. Either use as an anchor chart or an extension activity where they can write their own passages using those examples.
More Ideas for use include:
Use as a Scavenger Hunt:
Hide the cards around the room and students must search around the classroom to find the cards. The cards stay in their hidden spot. Students write the answers on their Response Form or on notebook paper. They may work alone or with a partner. Students continue searching around the room until all the cards are answered.
Use as a Scoot:
1. Place a task card at each student desk. 2. Students create a recording sheet or use a handout. 3. Students begin by answering the questions at their own desk. 4. When prompted by the word Scoot (or whatever you decide) students move to the desk that would be next in numerical order. 5. When you see that the task is completed - prompt the movement again and repeat until all cards are complete. 6. Students may scan the QR code to self-check their work.
This set includes the passages and QR codes. It is in color but it prints fine in grayscale. Simply go to File>print>grayscale if you choose. Print the cards and then cut along the dotted lines. Laminate for durability.
Students will need a QR scanning device such as an iPad or a Google tablet. They will also need a QR code reader. There are many free QR code readers available in the Google Play store and the app store. The choice is yours!
There is an answer key included :)
Here are some ELA
activities if you are interested:
* Get ‘Hip' to Character Traits QR Task Cards
* Character Trait Fever QR Task Cards
* Character Traits Stars
* Spot the Main Idea QR Task Cards - Set One
* Spot the Main Idea QR Task Cards - Set Two
* Owl About Inferencing QR Task Cards - set one
* Owl About Inferencing QR Task Cards - set two
* Owl About Inferencing QR Task Cards - set three
* Owl About Inferencing QR Task Cards - set four
* Owl About Inferencing QR Task Cards - set five
* Text Features - task cards for scoot or review with or without QR codes
ELA QR Bundle
* ELA QR Bundle: Character Traits, Inferencing, Text Features, Main Idea
Here are some Math
activities if you are interested:
Addition and Subtraction
* QR Scavenger Hunt addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
* First Grade Missing Addends Addition Range of 2-20: Lego Theme
* 4 digit addition task cards with and without regrouping; with or w/o QR codes
* First Grade Math Bundle
* Compare Numbers to 50
* Fractions QR word problem task cards or scoot - Tek 2.3 A-D
* First Grade measure QR codes Tek 1.7 A-D
* Second Grade Measure length QR word problem task cards - Tek 2.9 A-E
* Money Addition Word Problems QR Code Scavenger Hunt
* First Grade money center tek 1.4
* Multiplication QR task cards missing factors - commutative property
* Multiplication QR codes Scavenger Hunt one digit times two digit number
* Single Digit times Double Digit Multiplication QR code Scavenger Hunt
* Third Grade Math Tek 3.4d and 3.4e
One More One Less, and or Ten More Ten Less
* 1 more, 1 less, 10 more, 10 less to 120 - self checking QR code task cards
* 1 more, 1less to 20 Kindergarten Tek 2f
* Turkey Trouble 1 more, 1less to 20
* Turkey Trouble 1 more, 1 less to 120
Personal Financial Literacy
* Personal Financial Literacy QR Task Cards Tek 2.11A-C
* Personal Financial Literacy QR Task Cards Tek 1.9 A-D
* Personal Financial Literacy QR Task Cards Tek 2.11 D-F
* Third Grade Personal Financial Literacy Teks 3.9 a-f
* Personal Financial Literacy Vocabulary QR
* Third Grade Place Value Teks 3.2 A-D
* Second Grade Place Value Teks 2.2 A-F
* First Grade Place Value Teks 1.2 A-C
* First Grade Place Value Safari Teks 1.2 B 32 cards
* Place value task cards Base Ten Units to 1,200 with QR and matching cards
* Place value task cards Base Ten Units to 1,200 with optional matching cards
* First Grade - Skip Count to 120 Task Cards and Posters
Solve Word Problems
* Solve word problems within 20 QR task cards - Tek 1.3B or CC 1.OAB.3
* Multiple Math Skills Word Problems QR Task Cards for Scoot - Math Center (Owls)
* Graphs and T-Charts word problems - TEK 1.8a-c CC MD4 - with or w/o QR codes
* Strategies to Solve within 20 - TEK 1.3e,f CC 0A.6 - with or w/o QR codes
STAAR Review NEW TEKS
* Third Grade NEW TEKS STAAR Review
* Clocks Time to Minute - 32 QR code Task Cards
* Task Cards - Time to hour and half hour - self checking QR codes
* Task Cards - Arrays to 10 x 10 with or without QR: optional matching cards included
Here are some fun Digital Papers
to dress up your worksheets or powerpoint presentations :)
* 16 Fun Film and Camera Digital Backgrounds
* 16 fun Digital Backgrounds
And please feel free to click the green star under my name to follow me and receive notifications of new products!
TpT credits are points which can be applied to future purchases to save you money.
To earn credits: After you make a purchase, rate and comment fairly on the product page of your purchased item. You need to do both to earn your credits. But you don't have to rate and comment right away. You can do so after you've had a chance to use the product. Just return to the product page when you're logged in to TpT.
For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit—and we'll round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.
To redeem credits: Once you've earned at least 20 credits, you'll see the option to apply credits at checkout.