Character traits is a reading skill I personally love to dissect in my classroom! My students can dive into almost any mentor text, short story, or chapter book and character traits will always be a continuous discussion. It is an excellent way to implement the form of close reading, analyzing different perspectives, and increasing rich vocabulary.
After feeling a bit bored with our classroom textbook, I created these items to align with pretty much any Reading A to Z, mentor text, chapter book, or short passage. If you are like me, you'll enjoy that these products can be used year after year for different texts. I often use these journal anchors/inserts as "student versions" for personal notebooks & keep a large classroom anchor chart copy hanging up on my bulletin board.
This product includes:
- Notice & Note Character Trait student reading notebook insert/anchor running list
- 2 versions of FAST (feelings, actions, says, thoughts) character analysis organizer/journal insert/journal anchor
- 2 versions of FAST (feelings, actions, says, thoughts) character analysis graphic organizer
- Character Trait organizer which requires students to use RACE in order to support trait analysis
- FAST (feelings, actions, says, thoughts) bookmarks (4 versions total)