Exploring Characters with Emojis!
DISCOUNTED FOR A LIMITED TIME!
Your students will love this week long investigation diving into characters and character traits! Using emojis helps student connect to the feelings, traits and motivations of their characters in a fun, kid-friendly way. This one week (or longer!) study explores different character traits and feelings. Students get practice inferring the traits, feelings and motivations of characters while supporting these inferences with details from the text. Lessons also encourage exploring what causes characters to change. This packet includes a suggested five day lesson plan with all needed material along with many, many extras! These lessons can be used to introduce character exploration or as review lessons over a period of weeks.
Included in this packet:
• Suggested five day lesson/activity plans with all needed material and book list
• Emoji cards (color and b/w)
• Student checks/ exit tickets (close reading and reader response)
• Student data collection sheet
• Exploring Character bookmarks
• Follow up reader response sheets for independent practice
• A letter to go home/ student reflection
• A bonus at home book project!
I know you have a lot of choices and I thank you for downloading my product. I welcome any feedback. Enjoy!