Teaching elementary aged students to use exciting describing words to describe a character is tough enough. Getting them to understand the difference between internal and external character traits is even tougher! This packet offers many hands-on opportunities for students to practice identifying both internal and external character traits for tons of characters across numerous stories, including themselves!
This packet includes:
• Multiple anchor chart ideas and templates.
• Identifying students’ own character traits.
• Coloring and sorting examples of internal and external character traits.
• Character trait activities that can be aligned with the children’s books shown on the cover or with any other story read.
• “Spin a Trait” game for 2-4 players (spinner and game cards included).
• Superhero identity card for students to give themselves a superhero identity and character traits.
• Character trait group project guidelines and rubric!
• Answer keys where necessary.
These activities can be used with ANY story/character! They are not specific to the stories shown on the cover of this product.