Do you have questions about this resource? Message me instantly by clicking HERE!
Please note: The materials in this resource are the same ones included in the LK Teacher Club Membership. If you are a member of the club, please do not purchase these. Thank you!
The packet tackles the big question: What is a Character?
With the help of this packet, your students will become gurus at describing the outside (appearance) and inside (words, actions, and feelings) of a character. I designed and differentiated this packet so that all students can be successful when completing these activities.
In order to help students understand these terms, they will first learn about adjectives through a five senses taste test (lesson plan is included). This concrete activity will help prepare them for when they go to describe the outside and inside of a character.
In this packet you will find:
- 3 engaging lesson plans: What is a Character?; Outside of a Character (Appearance); Inside of a Character (Words, Actions, and Feelings)
- anchor charts (which define: characters, appearance, words, action, feelings, adjectives, and the five senses)
- 8 short stories (two versions are available in order to meet the needs of diverse learners)
- differentiated graphic organizers (many different options for you to choose from)
- many extension activities (create your own character, write all about you using adjectives)
All of these activities align with the following Grade 1 English Language Arts Reading Literature Standard:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.7 Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
Want the whole bundle? Get the Character, Setting, Problem and Solution here!
Want access to a library of free resources for K-2 students? Join the free VIP Resource Library here!
Come join my private group to connect and collaborate with other primary teachers! Join here!