This download was created for a 6th Writer's Workshop mini-unit on explanatory essay writing. Students worked on writing their own essay, which focused on identifying character traits of Percy Jackson and Bud, Not Buddy. The names of these two characters are not found in the product, as they were removed so that this packet could be used for any character.
It addresses W 6.2, W 6.4, W6.5 CCSS ELA standards.
Included in this packet is:
- The writing prompt my class had to answer in essay format with a checklist.
- A page consisting of examples of traits
- A brainstorming graphic organizer
- A page consisting of sentence starters for citing evidence from the text
- A graphic organizer for citing evidence from the text
- A page to remind students to use R.A.C.E. (A writing strategy we use a lot)
- An example of the structure of the essay
- A graphic organizer of the structure of the essay
- Lined pages to re-write the essay.
Fonts in this product are from AG Fonts and Clip Art is from Creative Clips. Licenses were bought.
Please do not download and sell this product for a profit. You may share this product with other teachers, as needed.