Help your students learn to identify character traits!
This download includes tools and resources designed to carry students through a mini-lesson to help them understand direct and indirect characterization, as well a worksheet page that has them practice inferring character traits and the clues they used to make their decisions.
The following resources are included in the packet:
• A Character Traits PowerPoint—An 8-slide mini-lesson which includes an introduction to direct and indirect characterization, including an example of each and an extra practice for indirect characterization.
• PPT Notes printout (with teaching ideas for the slides)
• STAR Graphic Organizer and Binder Anchor Chart for organizing clues that reveal the traits of the characters.
• Character Traits word list handout (positive and negative).
• Worksheet Page for practice (with answer key).
• 3 Anchor Charts--Direct Characterization, Indirect Characterization, and STAR
See Preview Page for a look at all items
**Note: The Zip File contains the PowerPoint (8 slides) and the Instructional Packet with teaching notes and handouts (19 pages).