Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$19.20$36.00Save $16.80
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$92.80$232.00Save $139.20
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or math. These character traits puzzles will not only allow your students to practice 4th/5th grade level character traits skills, but they will also be engaged with the format.
Note: This reading center resource now includes DIGITAL character traits reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links.
This reading center includes 20 character trait puzzles to practice identifying character traits of fictional characters.
Note: Some of the character trait answers can vary and students may select different answers. This is only the case for about 90% of the puzzles but is a great higher level thinking skill (evaluating two reasonable choices).
Three different direction versions are included to help you best use this resource for your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text, determine the character trait that best describes the character, and then find the puzzle piece that matches.
Version 2: The students will read each text, determine the character trait that best describes the character, write that trait on their recording sheets, and then find the puzzle piece that best matches.
Version 3: This version is identical to Version 2, except optional distractor character trait puzzle pieces are included.
Directions for the different versions and two different recording sheets can be found following the puzzle pieces.
Answer keys are also included.
For the digital character traits activity, the students will read two stories per slide and find the matching character trait card for a given character in each story.
To make this character traits activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
There are TWO versions:
•Version 1 – •6 Character Trait choices per slide
•Version 2- Scaffolded •4 Character Trait choices per slide
These digital character traits activities have been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital character traits puzzles.
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks