This resource includes everything you need for a reading center, small group, or even partner activity for character traits and comparing character traits.
This resource was created to allow more practice in character traits. This character trait sort includes 16 quarter-page stories and 5 character trait header cards. The students will read each story and sort it under the one character trait header that the main character exhibits.
This activity will allow students to think carefully about which is the best character trait for a character. It also allows them to see how the same character trait can be demonstrated through multiple characters and plots.
Click here to see more Engaging Reading Centers for Upper Elementary.
After the students sort the stories, I have them take the activity a step further with an additional activity. The additional activity has the students choosing two stories with the same character trait and comparing and contrasting the characters (this can be done several times).
The character traits are:
You may also like:
Comparing Themes: Reading Sort
Need More Reading Resources for 4th and 5th Grade?
• Comparing Themes: Reading Sort
• Reading Resources | 4th and 5th Grade Common Core Reading Supplements
• Reading Games and Centers: Skill-Based Bundle
• Reading Centers | Bundle: 40+ Reading Games
• Reading Puzzles Bundle | 4th and 5th Grade Reading Centers
• Color by Reading Activities
• Reading Spinners Centers Bundle | 4th and 5th Grade Reading Centers
• Reading Anchor Charts (4th and 5th Grade Common Core)
• Reading Homework (4th and 5th Grade Reading Review Complete Set: 36 Texts)
• 4th and 5th Grade Reading Test Prep Task Cards | Nonfiction and Fiction BUNDLE
• Reading Flipbook Activities