Also included in
- This bundle of resources contains all of my digital ELA lessons. It is compatible with Google Slides. The bundle features twelve ELA topics. Most topics includes 4 lessons. (The only exceptions are my figurative language set which includes seven lessons, and my free character traits set which includ$45.99$57.89Save $11.90
This digital character traits resource features two complete lessons. It is compatible with Google Slides. The lessons feature both instructional slides AND practice slides where students complete a task related to the instructional slides. Use these lessons over the course of two days to provide targeted character traits instruction to your students. They can be used as a large group activity, in a small group setting, OR as an engaging self-paced reading lesson.
I created this resource primarily as a way to allow teachers to see how my digital ELA lessons are structured. If you like this set, be sure to come back to my store and check out some of my other topics. I have listed them below for you.
Lesson #1: Introduction to Character Traits (8 slides)
- This lesson includes three instructional slides. This lesson begins by explaining what a character trait is. It also reminds that physical traits and emotions are NOT character traits. The second slide teaches students that character traits must be inferred. The third slide identifies the four things that can be used to infer character traits (feelings, actions, dialogue, and thoughts).
- The lesson contains four practice slides. On the first practice slide, students complete a matching activity. Students are presented with a list of five character traits and a list of five character descriptions. They must match the correct character trait to each character description. The final three slide of this lesson contains two different reading passages. After reading each passage, students identify a character trait for the main character.
- The other slide is the title slide.
Lesson #2: Expanding your Character Trait Vocabulary (8 slides)
- This lesson includes two instructional slides. The first slide points out that sometimes students use the same character trait words again and again. Then, it encourages students to use more interesting words. Next, there is a table with ten character descriptions. Beside each description, there is column that lists a common word (like "rude") and a column that lists a more unique synonym for that word (like "insensitive").
- The lesson contains five practice slides. The practice slides feature four reading passages. After reading each passage, students circle the character trait word that best describes the main character. Four character trait words are given, taken from the list presented earlier in the lesson.
Click on the following links to check out my other Digital ELA Lessons!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!