Character and Scene Sketch Pack - STEAM - Biomimicry for Young Children
Also included in
- Here is a Spring bundle filled with ideas to help you plan engaging science projects. The biomimicry approach offers a great way to ignite students' curiosity. Solving design challenges inspired by lamb pop-corning, dancing chickens or cherry blossoms is a great way to capture kids’ attention. PurchPrice $6.00Original Price $11.25Save $5.25
- This insect bundle is filled with ideas to help you plan engaging science activities. Your students will LOVE entering the fascinating world of insects - from grasshoppers to shimmering fireflies. This bundle contains biomimicry challenges that will inspire kids to use their observations of insectsPrice $8.80Original Price $16.75Save $7.95
- This bundle contain ideas to help you create engaging science projects. These units focus on mammals reptiles and amphibians. You’ll have a great time exploring strategies and functions used by these animals with your students. Learning about the animals' superpowers is fascinating and using them aPrice $14.40Original Price $24.75Save $10.35
- Can you invent something using ptarmigan feet as inspiration? With many interesting facts and creative thinking prompts, the included resources in this bundle will help you introduce hours of engaging science activities about animals in winter to your students. These activities are fun and engaging.Price $8.40Original Price $16.25Save $7.85
- This bundle contain ideas for engaging project-based learning. Plants, Fungi and Rainforest resources perfect to inspire students to nature using a biomimicry lens. There are lesson plans that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask quPrice $8.40Original Price $15.75Save $7.35
- This bundle contain ideas for engaging project-based learning. There are lesson plans that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry, life cycles and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study insects and use creative thinking to solve problems and inventPrice $16.80Original Price $31.80Save $15.00
Use these printables to encourage students to think about how an animal or plant can play a key role in the story. Naturally, the innovation can also be a key character in a story, for example, a story can contain a robot that looks like an animal, or a person can use an innovation such as shoes that makes you run like an ostrich. This package contains a variety of templates and prompts to get students to write. You can change the writing demands depending on the grade.
Use templates to write about the animal’s superpowers, special skills and wants. There are also scene sketches that can help children to understand and create an exciting setting for the story.
Leaving feedback when you purchase a resource earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, Follow Me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 72 hours they are posted.
Reviews of other Think Dive - Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
Project based learning: Bats, STEAM, Biomimicry
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
Project based learning: Mammals, Reptiles & Amphibians - STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
"Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!"
Why am I qualified to write these environment and biomimicry resources? In 2015, I completed a course in Making Sense of Climate Change Denial at the University of Queensland. I was a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I took part in the Biomimicry Design Challenge in 2021.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in A4 size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, US Letter size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.