Authors drop many clues about what their characters are like. Students often need some hints about how to look for those clues. This PowerPoint presentation provides...
- an explanation of what character traits are
- the difference between traits and plain facts about a character
- tips for figuring out what a character is like
- practice in noticing traits in sentences
- examples of some common character traits
The lesson also includes an open-ended writing project that allows students to apply what they have practiced. It can be suited to a whole-class lesson, a mini-lesson, or a literacy center.
This resource is created by Stephen Campbell.