This activity allows students to practice the different characteristics of circles. Students will be assessing their knowledge of the radius, center, center-radius form, and standard form.
Scrabbled Circles – 2 pages
Student Answer sheet - 2 pages
Solutions – 2 pages
1. Copy a class set of the scrabbled Circles (2 pages).
2. Each student will need a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
3. Instruct the students to cut out each piece of the circles.
4. Then the students must match the four pieces that correctly describe the same circle.
5. Suggest that students be sure of their match before gluing.
6. When the students are sure of their match, glue the four pieces together on the answer sheet. (If copy paper is a concern at your school, you may choose to give out construction paper for the students to use for gluing their final answers. Students can also glue to a sheet of notebook paper.)
You may choose to collect this activity as a classwork grade or as a quiz. Students can also put the completed activity in their notebooks for that day's notes.
An answer key is included for easy grading! The solutions show the correct matching for all of the circles.
This activity can still be completed with using just 1 page of the Circles. Depending on how much class time you have allotted, each page of the activity has the matching pieces for the students to complete correctly.
Looking for another activity for circles? Check out:
Finding the Radius and Center of a Circle - Sudoku