Interactive lesson made in Google slides that presents 6 characteristics shared by all living things.
1. Pre-lesson collaborative brainstorming activity (promote collaboration with this rubric)
2. Presentation on the 6 characteristics - brief notes to copy followed by a short video on the characteristic and post-video review questions.
3. Four post-lesson review exercises (use as Do Now, Exit Cards or Quizzes)
The 6 characteristics presented are...
- Made of cells
- Grow and develop
- Reproduce and pass on traits to offspring
- Respond to their internal environment and external environment
- Obtain and use energy to grow, move and process information
- Made of organic molecules (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and nucleic acids)