This product includes Cornell notes, an activity, a presentation on the lesson, and a mini quiz built into the presentation on the characteristics of stars. This product is part of my Astronomy Unit 3: Stars, Galaxy, and the Universe
Want to go digital? Check out my Digital Google Drive Notebook- Astronomy: Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe. It is printable too!
The following vocabulary/main ideas are covered in this lesson:
- Five characteristics of stars
- absolute brightness
- apparent brightness
- Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram
Check out all the products in my Astronomy Unit 3: Stars, Galaxy, and the Universe:
2. Characteristics of Stars Lesson
3. Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram Activity
4. Life Cycle of Stars Lesson
5. Stars Systems and Galaxies Lesson
6. Big Bang Theory Lesson
7. Astronomy Review- Trivia Board Game Project
8. Philosophical Chairs Argument Activity
9. Astronomy Vocabulary Riddle Challenge Game
10. Assessments- Test and Quiz with answer keys
Check out my complete year bundles!
• Physical Science Complete Year Bundle!
• Earth Science entire year bundle!
• Biology Complete Year Bundle!
There are three versions--filled with NGSS, filled with blank section for your own state standards, and fill-in-the-blank. Notes are completed by following along with the presentation. This allows you to walk around and support students, engage with students, or sit comfortably in your seat. There are five criteria to the Cornell notes: header, student notes, drawings of main ideas, summary, and student-derived question (Depths of Knowledge).
Presentation guides direct instruction as students follow along and complete their Cornell notes. Presentation revisits anticipation guide statements from the beginning of the lesson and at the end (serves as warm-up), has built-in mini quiz at the end of each lesson to check for understanding (5 multiple choice questions with answers), pictures to help learn the material, and starter sentences to support students complete the summary section of their Cornell notes focused on the essential questions (differentiated instruction).
An activity follows the Cornell note in order to support and reinforce students' understanding of the content and provide students an opportunity to think critically by creating something new with the input received from the notes. There are five criteria: written portion, art, color, reflection, and an “excellent" component to encourage students to do a quality piece of work.
Each criteria is worth one point making each Cornell and activity worth five points. For easy grading, simply circle missing components or stamp to designate full credit. As a teacher, I am out the door after the bell rings and I do not bring any grading home. I truly am the teacher time saver!
1. Make sure to extract file in order to open the zipped file.
2. If you purchase this product and the unit bundle, please note you will be purchasing duplicates so buy the bundle and save time and money!
4. To view the presentation, open the PDF, click on “View” and then on “Full Screen Mode.”
5. This product is not editable.
CHECK OUT MY SCIENCE UNIT BUNDLES:
★★★ Earth and Space, Physical, and Life Science Complete 3 Year Unit Bundles
1. Physical Science Complete Year Bundle!
2. Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle
3. Matter and Chemistry Unit Bundle
4. Force and Motion Unit Bundle
5. Energy Unit Bundle
6. Electricity and Magnetism Unit Bundle
7. Waves Unit Bundle
1. Earth Science entire year bundle!
2. Earth Science/Astronomy Unit Bundle: Plate Tectonics, Rocks and Minerals, and Earthquakes
3. Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle
4. Rock and Mineral Unit Bundle
5. Plate Tectonics Unit Bundle
6. Earthquake Bundle
7. Earth's Waters Unit Bundle
8. Meteorology and Atmosphere Unit Bundle
9. Astronomy Unit 1: Earth, Moon, and Sun
10. Astronomy Unit 2: Solar System
11. Astronomy Unit 3: Stars, Galaxy, and the Universe
12. Astronomy Mega Bundle (Units 1, 2, and 3)
1. Biology Complete Year Bundle!
2. Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle
3. Cell Unit Bundle
4. Heredity Unit Bundle
5. Evolution and Geologic Time Scale Unit Bundle
6. Ecology Unit Bundle
7. Classification Unit Bundle
PHYSICAL SCIENCE- DIGITAL YEAR BUNDLE (GOOGLE DRIVE)
1. Scientific Investigation Digital Interactive Notebook
2. Matter and Chemistry Digital Google Drive Notebook Unit Bundle
3. Force and Motion- Digital Interactive Notebook Bundle for Google Drive
4. Energy, Work, and Simple Machines Digital Google Drive Notebook
5. Electricity and Magnetism Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Drive
6. Waves Unit- Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Drive
MORE DIGITAL BUNDLES TO COME SOON SO FOLLOW ME AND RECEIVE 50% THE FIRST THREE DAYS MY PRODUCT IS RELEASED!
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! All new products will be half off the already reduced price for the first three days it is posted. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under The Teacher Time Saver.
Don't forget to leave a review too!
Follow me on Pintest
The Teacher Time Saver