Worksheet & Graphic Organizers to help teach Characterization and plot. This particular student example is from William Sleator's "The Elevator" but can be easily adapted to fit any short story focusing on characterization - direct and indirect. Graphic Organizer allows students to draw how they see the main character based on the author's description of the character, and the plot Graphic Organizer allows for the teaching of cliffhangers and suspense. Plot PowerPoint
- Graphic Organizer - blank
- Plot Line Graphic Organizer
- Student Sample - William Sleator's "The Elevator"
- PowerPoint with journal/quickwrites and Exposition & Rising Action
- Characterization worksheet - to be done prior to reading the story
- Procedure Guide for Teaching