With Three overviews to Introduce Characteristic Basics or Refresh the most Important Concepts, and NOTHING BUT fantastic, classroom-tested and approved writing activities, you get a great deal that works hard for you and your students.
This product is NOT merely a series of writing "prompts." It is a teaching product - one that is fun and educational. Students should write creatively. With THESE activities, they will move towards greater knowledge and ability in one of the most important of the short story elements, CHARACTER, and CHARACTERIZATION.
In this product you RECEIVE:
1. An in-depth handout “Direct Versus Indirect Characterization – Is One REALLY Better Than the Other?”
2. The TIP Sheet which helps students remember key methods of indirect characterization and ways to best use direct characterization.
3. The “Master ‘Show Don’t Tell’ Guide” – powerful tips on writing better.
SEVEN ACTIVITIES with Multiple USES!
4. “The Indirect Characterization Writing Activity” - so that students can actively apply what they have learned.
5. Character Expansion Task Cards – 12 task cards, EACH a powerful entry into scene writing.
6. “I Can Read ‘em Like a Book: Writing Emotion Into a Scene Using Indirect Characterization.”
7. “Stock Characters: Defy the Mold!” - Teaches students that they can very begin with a stock character... and then, move beyond it!
8. “ Prompt One: Guided Visualization”
9. “Fiction Writing – Character in a Scene: Three Prompt Options”
10. “Character Data Sheets” – a multiple-use gem.
11. “It’s All In a Name!”
12. CCSS for your Middle or Highschool classroom!
If you need an in-depth product on how to implement the Writer’s workshop please see: The Writer’s Workshop For High School: An 8-Day Common-Core Unit
If you need a Nuts and Bolts Starter Kit on Peer Review: Peer Edit Starter Pack for ANY Writing Topic - Grades 9-University