Also included in
- This package contains five sets of reading task cards for upper elementary through middle school. Topics include: Characterization, Using Context Clues, Understanding Idioms, Reading Proverbs and Adages, and Making Inferences. Each set includes 30 large, half-page cards designed especially for miPrice $16.88Original Price $18.75Save $1.87
- This package of story elements task cards includes four sets - for the four major story elements: characterization, setting, plot and conflict, and theme. Each set contains thirty large cards with a variety of activities designed for middle school and upper elementary language arts or reading clasPrice $13.50Original Price $15.00Save $1.50
- Reading Task Card Sets for story elements, text structures, and various close reading or comprehension skills, plus seasonal themed sets. Seventeen sets of task cards with 30 cards per set for the review and practice that students need. Here is what is included: Story ElementsCharacterization KidsPrice $57.38Original Price $63.75Save $6.37
This set of thirty task cards helps students to really understand the meaning of characterization and use close reading to identify character traits. The activities include:
- Choosing character traits from a word bank
- Choosing character traits – multiple choice
- Describing a pictured character
- Writing a paragraph
- Listing character traits to describe a famous person
- Comparing two characters
- Completing a character web for a novel character
- Drawing a character with certain character traits
- Describing static and dynamic characters
- and more.
These task cards are designed specifically for middle grade kids. The cards are large – two cards per page and have more content per card than many of the smaller task cards –perfect for older kids who can handle more than one quick question per card. Task cards are perfect for differentiating with individual or group work, and for review activities, class games like Scoot or Footloose, or quick assessments.
Included with this set is a blank answer sheet for students to fill in their answers.
Also included is a list of suggestions for ways to use task cards and a list of suggestions for easy differentiation with task cards.
The Easel Activity is a digital version that is ready to use with one card per slide. It is ready for student use with answer boxes and directions already in place.
For the Google Slides version, see Characterization Kids Task Cards and Google Slides.
These cards support the Reading: Literature standards, especially the standards regarding using text evidence to describe a character.
From Classroom in the Middle