Characterization Quick Writes - ELA Writing Warm Ups for Developing Characters
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Get access to over 200 skill-based Narrative Writing Prompts that provide intentional focus on the hook, setting, dialogue, imagery, figurative language, perspective, and characterization! These ready-to-use Google slides are easy to assign or display and make perfect writing warm-ups, bell-ringers,Price $17.99Original Price $27.93Save $9.94
Wouldn’t you love to see your students improve their character development in their narrative writing? Take the guesswork out of it with these writing prompts! Your students will be practicing writing moves that develop characters directly and indirectly through sentence starters, mentor texts, and visual writing prompts. Designed to take just 5-10 minutes per day, these slides are quick and easy to assign and go!
Check out the PREVIEW to see what's included, and download a FREE sample here.
Here’s what you’ll get:
Your digital link will come will 30 character writing prompts. Students will be prompted to develop characters by:
- Describing a character directly or indirectly
- Writing what a character is thinking
- Continuing the prompt as the protagonist or the antagonist
- Listing traits of characters
- Describing a character using a hyperbole
- ...and much more!
Prep is quick and easy... Just display the writing prompt on your projector or SmartBoard and have students write in their notebooks, or assign the writing prompt on a digital learning platform and have students type on the provided slides.
A quick tip for teachers...
- Read the prompt, and set the timer for 5-10 minutes.
- Encourage students to keep their pencils moving the entire time.
- Don't be afraid to write alongside them!
- At the end of the quick write session, invite students to discuss or share their thinking.
In my classroom, we start our daily writing lesson with a quick write prompt! We use a wide variety of prompts throughout the year to spiral review our writing techniques.
»If you'd like to know more about using quick writes in the classroom,read my blog post here.</a>
You may also like…
⭐️ Want to bundle and save? ⭐️
Check out the to get access to this set of writing prompts plus all of the sets listed above for 30% off!
Have a question?
Please check out the Q & A section or email me at email@example.com. I'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Don't forget to leave me feedback! I love to hear what my buyers have to say, how the product worked for them, and any feedback I can use to improve my product! (It also earns you points towards future TPT Purchases)
✔️ Follow me to be notified when I've posted new products. New products are always 50% off for the first 48 hours!
✔️ Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for tips, ideas, and activities that make teaching middle school ELA feel engaging and purposeful.
Thanks so much,
Copyright © Hey Natayle.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.