Studying characters will help improve comprehension. In Characters by the2teachers you will get 20 activities to help your learners deepen their understanding of the character's in fiction books.
WHY USE THIS PRODUCT?
When students fully understand the characters of a book they are able to deepen their understanding of the book. Often, students can make meaningful connections with the characters. Elementary students are often able to connect on a "personal" level to the characters in the books they read. If you use the characters as a springboard, you will help students improve comprehension.
WHEN SHOULD I USE THIS PRODUCT?
This product is designed to be used with any fiction book. The activities in this product can be used in any order - to best meet the needs of your students. You should model the skills included in each activity before students are expected to work independently - unless you are using a page as a formative assessment.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT?
- character's change over time
- compare/contrast the same character from different stories
- describing a character (looks/sounds/acts like and likes to do)
- judge the "character" of the character
- decide if you would be friends in real life...and more!
- compare a character to a real person
- compare two different characters
- compare a character to self
- contrast a character to self
- give the character an award
- character analysis
- what did the character do that was a surprise
- what did the character do that you knew was going to happen
- if you could change one thing about the character
- choose a favorite character (illustrate and write)
- describe a character on the inside and outside
- describe a character using each letter of the alphabet
- character biography poem
- character acrostic poem
- make a characteristic change - change the story
OTHER PRODUCTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Vocabulary Game - Describe It
- Decoding Strategies: Posters, Charts, and Notebook
- Reading Comprehension Sticks
- Reading Response Journal Prompts
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Please take the time to look at the thumbnails and preview to see a sample of this product.
Once you purchase this product and use it, please come back to share your positive remarks in the ratings section. You will earn credits towards future TpT purchases from our store, as well as, any other store on TpT.
Don't miss the opportunity to be among the first TpT customers to know about new the2teachers products and sales. Simply click the green star under our store name to become a follower! New products will show under "seller updates" on the main page of TpT...but, only for the sellers that you choose to follow. Our new products are priced 50% off for the first 48 hours they are posted. This is our way of thanking our followers and helping teachers stretch their dollars.