Character Traits and Responses with Text Evidence
Activities to help your students identify character traits and character responses with evidence from the text.
• Lesson ideas with pacing suggestions for teachers.
• Five original short stories with clear characters responses to events in the story.
• Vocabulary list and Riddle Vocabulary Practice Sheet
• Worksheets that go with these stories and duplicate worksheets to use with any story:
• help students study characters and how they change or respond as events in a story unfold.
• Review of story structure and how characters move through the beginning, middle and end of a story.
• Review of problem and solution and how a character responds.
• Duplicate worksheets to use with any story
• Story with questions for review or assessment
Stories and activities are focused on 2nd grade standards but would be appropriate for 3rd graders as review or intervention and for advanced 1st grade readers.