This Common Core-Aligned ELA unit focuses on the characters in the story and can be used with ANY book or selection that you are currently reading in your classroom. The activities can be used with novel studies, basal stories, independent studies, or in a reading center over and over again! They will work with whole group, small group, or independently depending on the needs of your students. It is aligned for grades 1-3. I have included many types of activities that involve higher order thinking and differentiated learning. I hope that these activities prove to be more than just "worksheets" for your students. Please download the preview file to see all that's included! Enjoy!
You might also be interested in:
- Informative Writing Unit
- Opinion Writing Unit
- Narrative Writing Unit
- Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Advanced Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Common Core Writing Activities (monthly writing centers)
Interested in a COMPLETE SYSTEM for assessing students in reading using ANY text?
- Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Reading Interactive Notebook - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Digital Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
Jamie Rector from 2nd Grade Stuff
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.