This is one project in a series of Montessori based, project-driven units created for students to practice their math skills while performing meaningful, practical work. Projects for each unit are integrated with cross-curricular subjects such as business, charity, art, music, science, cooking, woodworking, sewing, and mathematical exploration.
As part of this package, you will receive:
• Editable Student Map
o A colorful map which details each step of the unit for students to guide themselves
o Key lessons in the map showing you what skills need to be learned before each step of the project can be performed
• Teacher Overview
o Description of each project step
o Discussion tips and helpful hints
o Differentiation suggestions to meet the needs of every student
• Step by Step Graphic Organizers
o Organized pages so students can work through project steps as independently as possible
This project, Charity Fundraiser, combines the skills for Integer Operations with budgeting, finance, and volunteerism. These skills cover seventh grade Common Core Number Systems for mathematics. Students will be researching and choosing a local charity, planning and holding a small fundraiser, analyzing their expenses and income, and donating any profits to the charity of their choice.
Make sure to check out the full unit Integer Operations for many other resources including:
• Three additional project choices based on art, chemistry, and business featuring colorful step by step instructions for students
• Video lessons using Montessori materials
• Practice sheets, matching cards, enrichment activities, and vocabulary
• Quizzes, pre and post assessments, project and presentation rubrics
• And answer keys to everything!