Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Want fun and interactive activities to be incorporated into your novel studies unit? This bundle has 130+ pages of cool character trait activities. This kit will save you over 25% off. It includes a variety of activities to assist students to consolidate their understanding of character traitsfor the popular story Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. The activities include: NO PREP printables, word wall cards, character traits game and task cards.
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Morning work
♥ Book Companion
The bundle includes:
Character Trait Activities, Sorting Worksheets and Word Wall Cards
Included in this pack is bright and colorful cut and paste sorting, mind map activities, word wall cards and anchor charts (answer sheets) for students to consolidate their understanding of character traits. These printable activities would be great to use in: reading and writing activities, literacy centers or morning work.There are color and black and white versions available in this pack.
Sorting Worksheets Include:
• Sort the character traits for Charlie and Verucia into the correct column.
• Sort the character traits for Willy Wonka and Grandpa Joe into the correct column.
• Sort Willy Wonka’s traits into appearance and qualities.
• Sort Augustus Gloop’s traits into appearance and qualities.
• Sort the words into synonyms and antonyms for the word joyful.
• Students list the physical traits and qualities for Violet and Mike.
They then write what they inferred about each of the characters. For example: I inferred that Violet was disrespectful as she did not listen to Mr Willy Wonka.
Character Trait Activities Include:
• Cut and paste the matching character traits to describe Willy Wonka’s qualities.
• Cut and paste the matching character traits to describe Charlie's qualities.
• Cut and paste the character traits to describe the Oompa Loompa’s appearance.
• Answer sheets for cut and paste activities
• Draw a picture of Voilet and write four of her qualities.
• Draw a picture of Mike and write four of his qualities.
• Draw a picture of Charlie and write four physical traits to describe him.
Also included in this pack is 2 sets of bright purple and white word wall cards to display on your bulletin board to assist students when writing about the main characters in the story. One set is in fancy bold writing whilst the other set is in simple bold font. The word wall cards include the following words: Charlie, Willy Wonka, Augustus Gloop, Oompa Loompa, Veruca, Mike, Grandpa Joe, sweet, loving, nice, kind, calm, gentle, generous, selfish, stubborn, cruel, bossy, spoilt, rude, disobedient, obedient, ungrateful, demanding, loud, quiet, charming, strange, weird, proud, insensitive, joyful, friendly, mean and greedy.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Task Cards
This task card pack is perfect to use when undertaking a novel study on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There are a variety of character trait task cards for students to consolidate their understanding of characters qualities and physical traits.
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Morning work
♥ Early Finishers
♥ Book Companion
This kit includes a variety of questions for the popular story, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,' by Roald Dahl.
The kit consists of:
• 2 sets of 24 task cards- 1 chevron purple background with cute and colorful graphics & white background with color graphics.
• Student response sheet
Question types and activities on task cards consist of:
• Listing physical character traits of popular characters in the story
• Multiple choice questions
• Replacing synonyms in sentences with underlined character trait
• Identifying character traits in the sentence.
• Drawing pictures of characters who display various character traits.
• Making inferences about characters and their character traits.
Yes/No Game – Character Trait Sorting
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Character Traits Yes/No Game is the perfect game to play when undertaking a novel study on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. By playing this fun and interactive game, it will assist students to make inferences about characters, expand their vocabulary and consolidate their understanding of character traits.
How to Play
This game can be played as a whole class, pairs, or in small group work. See instructions below.
Whole Class Game
Small Group Work in Literacy Centers
Pairs – with a buddy
Variations to the Game – Corners whole class game
Who am I Printables – differentiated worksheets
Included in this pack is differentiated 'Who am I?' worksheets for students to consolidate their understanding of character traits. These activities would be great to use in: reading and writing activities, literacy centers or morning work.
The character traits printables entails the following activities for eight of the main character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Willy Wonka, Charlie Bucket, Mike Teavee, Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Violet Beauragrade, Grandpa Joe and the Oompa Loompas.
•2 Cut and paste worksheets - students match the character to the character traits - suited for students who require support in writing.
•2 answer sheets for cut & paste worksheets only
•2 worksheets - students write a character trait to match each character - suited for students who can construct a simple sentence.
Please see the preview for a snapshot at what the bundle entails.
This bundle is also included in the money saving bundle below:
You might also like
You might also be interested in these popular bundles from my store.
Please rate my product when you get a chance. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.♥
♦♦♦ PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND GAIN TPT CREDITS ♦♦♦
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
♥BECOME A FOLLOWER ♥
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
Click here and visit my Facebook page for regular updates on freebies and teaching ideas!