The activities in this Literacy, Math and Learning Fun set extends Roald Dahl's book CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.There are seven teacher-created educational activities in PDF format. Activities included:
1. Vocabulary: Match the definition to the vocabulary word on the mat. (This can be played as a BINGO type game where the student tries to get four in a row or by matching the definition card to the word.)
2. Character Description Matching: Students match the name/picture card of the main characters to the card that best describes that person.
3. Golden Ticket Math: Six decimal addition problems on golden tickets
4. Silver and Gold Kisses Probability Activity: Students do a probability
activity by drawing out a silver or gold Hershey Kiss out of a bag without looking. They record their findings on a data table. Half way through the 20 draws, they make a prediction about the number of silver, gold and total Kisses in the bag. They then finish the last 10 draws and continue recording info. When finished they answer questions about the activity and check the bag to
see how close their predictions were.
5. How to Make Chocolate Sequencing: Students read the short paragraph on how cacao beans become a finished chocolate candy and then number the steps on the bottom of the page in the correct order.
6. Nuclear and Extended Family Writing Activity
7. Descriptive Writing Activity: Create a new candy bar and describe it
8. Activity letter: Explaining how to do each activity