Take your students on a virtual field trip to Haworth, England and the land of the Brontes, with this 37-slide introductory PowerPoint on Jane Eyre. This is the perfect introduction to your Jane Eyre unit plan. The PowerPoint covers the following topics:
• Cowan Bridge School (inspiration for the Lowood Institution in Jane Eyre)
• Haworth in the Bronte era (with personal pictures of the parsonage and town)
• An explanation of the Bronte name
• Gothic literature
• Mental health and diseases in the novel
• Bronte's appearance, with pictures of her dresses and personal effects
• Breaking the Fourth Wall
• Women in the Victorian Era
• Jane Eyre publication information
• Bronte sisters' use of pseudonyms
• Role of governesses
• Byronic Heros
• And much, much more!
The PowerPoint features personal pictures taken on a trip to Haworth, England, which included a VIP tour of the Bronte Parsonage. Other pictures were taken at exhibits on Bronte at the Morgan Library in New York City and the Portrait Gallery in London.
Please note the presentation is saved as a PDF to ensure formatting and pictures are intact. It will still show as a presentation, saving you from font troubles formatting issues!
Want more Jane Eyre resources? Check out this set of 160 task cards:
Jane Eyre Task Cards: Bell-ringers, Activities, Discussion Questions