This document is an entire book study I have developed and used successfully for many years in my classroom. I have made tweaks to activities, questions, and other components each year to adjust for increased rigor and Common Core expectations. The unit contains the following components:
- questioning bookmark for students (with an accompanying higher-order question chart)
- an end-of-unit story test and vocabulary quiz
- 4 chapter excerpts for text-marking and annotating to answer corresponding text-dependent questions (TDQs) I have provided an interactive notebook example.
- ELA station activities and cards (focusing on problem/solution, vocabulary, sequencing)
- a character flipchart with a TDQ to be addressed in various ways
- 30 high-frequency word cards for common words seen throughout the story