This is an Literacy, Math and Learning Fun set is based on the award winning book by E.B.
White, Charlotte's Web. EIGHT TEACHER-CREATED EDUCATIONAL activities from various areas of the curriculum will allow children to learn
while enjoying this classic story. Activities are in PDF format so they can be accessed on both PCs and Macs.
1. ACTIVITY LETTER--Explains how to do each activity
2. CREATIVE WRITING ACTIVITY --Students write a short story that Wilbur might tell Charlotte's children about her
3. STORY SUMMARY STRIPSÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students put the eight story strips in the
correct chronological order to summarize the story
4. CHARACTER MATCHING ACTIVITYÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students match the eight character
description cards with the pig cut outs with the characters' names
5. AT THE FAIRÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students fill in the senses web telling about the sights,
smells, sounds and tastes that can be experienced at a fair
6. SPIDER DIAGRAMÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students read the escriptions of the parts of a spider and then use the information to label the diagram of the spider
7. NAME THE ANIMALSÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students use the words in the word box to fill in the table giving the male, female, and baby names for various farm animals
8. AMAZING FRIENDS POETRY WRITINGÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students follow the directions given to write their own poem about one of their best friends
9. CIRCLE OF LIFEÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Students complete the spider life cycle circle using the four picture cards (egg sacs, spiderlings, adult spider, adult spider laying