This 5 ½ - 7 week novel study on E.B. White’s Charlotte’s Web will engage the hearts and minds of every student in your class. Students will be challenged to think deeply about the book’s themes and respond thoughtfully through written work and oral discussions. Building on essential thinking skills like memorization and comprehension, this study will help your students develop higher order thinking skills such as differentiation, application, and evaluation. The study is divided into three segments: Chapters 1-7, 8-15, and 16-22. During each segment, students will explore various aspects of the story through interactive comprehension activities, engaging discussions, and personal applications. After each segment, students will be formally assessed on their comprehension of the plot, character development, themes, and vocabulary. In conclusion, students will demonstrate their cumulative learning by completing and presenting 3 mini-projects of their choice. This compelling story about the strength of friendship, the value of every life, and the power of words is a timeless classic that will leave your students with a greater appreciation for those they love and a deeper love for life itself.
• 2 Unit Maps –
(Shorter Version) 5 ½ Wks.
(Longer Version) 7 Wks.
• 27 Detailed Lesson Plans that include:
o Essential Questions
o Teaching Strategies
o Accommodation Options
• 3 Quizzes (Fill-in, Multiple Choice, and Short Answer Questions)
• 3 Answer Keys for Quizzes
• 3 Lesson PowerPoints
• 9 Diverse Project Ideas
o Students choose 3
o Grading Rubric included
• 8 Reading Response Prompts
• 3 BookBuds (Sensory Detail Bookmarks)
• 3 Plot Summary Graphic Organizers (1 every 7-8 chapters)
• 3 Vocabulary Lists (15 words for each set of chapters – 3 sets total)
• 3 Vocabulary Study Card Templates – double-sided (1 for each vocabulary list)
• 5 Lesson Activity Pages/Graphic Organizers
****CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR MORE NOVEL STUDIES!!!!!
A Wrinkle in Time: Novel Study Unit Plan
The Phantom Tollbooth: Novel Study Unit Plan