Turn your second graders
into Grammar Gurus with this collection of grammar worksheets to accompany E. B. White’s most famous children's story. All items are derived from the story except where a page number is referenced. Quotes from the story highlight the specific grammar being reviewed.
This product targets the Common Core Standards for Language Arts in 2nd grade
• Compound Words
• Plural Nouns
• Singular Possessive Nouns
• Proper & Common Nouns
• Prepositional Phrases
• Singular & Plural Subjects
• Compound Subjects
• Regular & Irregular Verbs
• The Simple Present Tense
• The Simple Past Tense
• Simple Predicates
• Compound Predicates
The lessons can be used after a Read Aloud, not before. Included, however, is a bookmark to be used along with your Read Aloud.
Included in this one-of-a-kind product
(68 pages): Download the preview
for a complete outline;
Novel Work Answer Key
(68 pages): Duplicate of student worksheets with answers in bold;
(2 pages): 2-sided bookmark with 25 compound words found in the story and space for your students to add their own. Once your student has found and written down 8 compound words of their own, they can hole-punch the bookmark and add a tassel; and
(2 pages including answer key) 30 compound words from the story with 30 original sentences about the story as clues.
In addition to an outline of all the grammar covered in this product, the preview contains a sampling of worksheets from the answer key.
Please keep in mind:
• Read through all of my product listings for this novel before purchasing. You want to choose the amount and type of review that is "just right" for your students.
• Charlotte's Web: Plurals & Possessives
• Charlotte's Web: Coordinating Conjunctions
• Charlotte's Web: READ Worksheets
•. Charlotte's Web: Homophones
• You can bookmark my store to be notified when I've added a new product. Look for the green star at the top and to the right on this page and click it to become a follower. The star is next to my store name: Grammar and Great Books
. When I add a new product, you will receive an e-mail with a link to its description. If you choose not to receive e-mails, simply go to My TpT
and click on My Favorite Sellers
. This is a list of the sellers you are following. You can turn off notification (from green to red).
Visit my blog for top-notch teaching tips. www.GrammarAndGreatBooks.blogspot.com