Charlotte's Web | Reading and STEM Activities
What educators are saying
Charlotte's Web - Reading and STEM Activities
Looking for a complete literature unit that includes language arts skills and hands on STEM activities? Our Classics and STEM packet provides not only all those materials but also includes ideas for a parent outreach program.
A Wonderful Book! STEM Activities! A Book Celebration Party!
All the ingredients for a great literature experience and celebration.
Each book chosen for this series includes:
- An introduction to the author
- A short synopsis of the time period in which the book was written
- A list of the main characters
- Make a bookmark activity
- A letter to send home to the parents explaining the program if using optional parent outreach program.
- A template for laying out the date each chapter needs to be read by if using optional parent outreach program.
The packet for contains:
- Reading comprehension questions
- Research: Investigating spiders
- Science: Experimenting with parachutes
- Engineering: Engineering a name on a web
- Technology: Designing a robot maze for the events in
- Math: Solving farm themed problems
Finally, a detailed family or classroom celebration of section is also included:
- Menus and fantastic recipe ideas
- Five book related hands-on activity centers
- Quiz game with 36 questions about the book
*We have included ideas for conducting the parent outreach program virtually as well.
This program was designed to not only integrate all of the facets of STEM – science, technology, engineering and math, but to also act as an outreach program to your students’ families as they participate in reading the book and in a Family Book Celebration. While many families have a tradition of reading to their young children, we’ve found that this tends to fall away as the children grow older and can read on their own.
brings back the joy of shared reading and the closeness it provides.
Each of the books chosen for this program has shown that they have endured the test of time and are continually ones that students reach for and read over and over. Although the books are sometimes above the students’ reading level this is overcome by having an adult read the book to them.
Although we are providing all the materials for a parent read aloud format, we recognize that teachers frequently have to adjust and improvise a program for a variety of reasons. Our materials for this book can used in a variety of ways and we encourage teachers to select what works for them to celebrate and enjoy this classic book.
The Series can be used with a :
· Virtual format
· Buddy Reading Program
· Books on Tape
· Teacher Read Aloud Time
· Lunch with a Book
· Bagels for Breakfast and Books
· Senior Citizen Partners and Books
Other Classics & STEM now available:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The books for the series will continue to be added.
Follow our store and subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of additions to the program.(link at getcaughtengineering.com)
If you have ideas for great classics to be added, please drop us a note at getcaughtengineering @gmail.com. We would love to hear from you!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about our new discounts, freebies and product launches: Look for the green star near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.