This game is a great way to practice making inferences, recalling details, and using reasoning skills. Read this statement aloud to you students: “The elves are busy preparing toys for good little girls and boys. There’s a problem, though! They lost the master list and don’t know which gifts go to each child. Hurry and help the elves figure it out before the gifts have to be delivered!”
1. Lay out the 10 children mats (pages 3-12) so they can be seen by everyone. Print and laminate the gift cards on page 13-15. Each child has 3 gifts on his/her wish list.
2. The SLP or student reads the clue cards. Students have to decide what the gift is as well as which child it belongs to based on the description of the gift and the child (pages 16-20)
3. A bonus question is included on each card for older students.These questions target reasoning, grammar, and expressive language skills.
4. Answer sheet is on page 21.
5. Follow up activity worksheets are included on pages 22-24.
© Teach Speech 365