If you have high school or adult students who need to learn how to write checks and balance an account, this activity is the place to begin. The file includes a check register (with instructions of where the money goes) and sample checks. This spreadsheet can be an engaging and effective exercise in the ELL, Spanish, or business class.
Instructions are in English with some Spanish words, such as the bank’s name and the address. However, this file is fully customizable – you can translate it strictly into Spanish or maintain English. AND, if you want to extend the activity, simply enter more instructions for checks and copy/paste more checks to correspond with the instructions.
Sample instructions for the activity include:
1. Write a check for food to Cosa-Mart for $75.82
2. Write a check for gas to No Go Gas Station for $45.50
3. Deposit paycheck for $950.00.
4. Write a check for rent to William's Rentals for $450.00.
5. Write a check for phone bill to Talk A Lot America for $82.36
6. Write a check for new clothes and shoes to Casa de Ropa for $112.67