Checkbook Register/Economy System- This product is a complete economy system for grades 6-8. It could also be used for adults learning practical Math and could easily be adapted for lower grades. It would be a wonderful tool for adult education to teach life skills and practical application math. It incorporates computation skills with basic math. This system would also work well in an elementary classroom. I used monopoly money which can be downloaded for free and handed out as rewards- but it could be coupled with any form of play money. It can also stand alone without incorporating money at all and student would be paid solely from their timesheets.
- student/parent friendly directions
- bi-weekly timesheets printable
- monthly budget calculation sheet printable
- template for student paychecks
- template for students to write paper checks
- template for a paper checkbook (real check registers can be donated by most banks if you tell them you are a teacher, or there are free check register apps to incorporate technology)
- rubric to assess the time sheet
- rubric to assess the checkbook register
- rubric to assess the monthly budget
This product is in the form of a word document for adaptations.