Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Checks and Balances – Graphic Organizers and handouts
This lesson covers the system of checks and balances.
Checks and Balances is an important concept to understating how American government works.
Included in this resource:
You can decide how much practice your students need or which style of activities fit the learning styles of the group you have.
• Checks and Balances graphic organizer: Explain how to read the graphic organizer and explain how each branch checks the other.
• Interactive graphic organizer: Students or groups cut out the boxes. Students will then discuss where the different checks belong. This would be a great quick review activity before the quiz!
• Colored version of the graphic organizer – This graphic works best for students who need additional help understanding how to read the organizer. Each branch is in their own color.
• Worksheet 1 – Easiest version of the questions. Teacher key and a study sheet provided. If you have a student who has difficulty reading their own writing, this is a wonderful addition to their notes!
• Worksheet 2 – Asks students to identify which branch is doing the checking and which one is being checked. Teacher key and study sheet provided. A color coded version included as well to help.
• Worksheet 3 – Provides students with word bank for answers. This could be given as a warm up or an exit ticket to check for understanding.
• Assessment/Homework – 2 styles given, one style asks students to identify the name of the branch, the other one students need to list how each branch checks the other. You can assign for homework.
• Bulletin board: Print and hang bulletin board pages with title! Print off on colored paper help them stand out.
Let’s Stay Connected!
I would love to be able to share with you new products, store discounts, free products, and updates. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage. You can also find me on Facebook at Lisa Battista’s Classroom. I announce new products and freebies on Facebook!